Thursday 1 October 2015

Read Your Bookshelf A Thon Wrap-Up

Hey guys! So, the Read Your Bookshelf A Thon (RYBSAT), just finished the other day, and let me just say I didn’t do as well as I would have hoped. If you read my last post, then you would have seen that I was planning on reading all eighteen books in The 39 Clues series. I know that that sounds like quite a lot, but they’re all pretty short books and I didn’t have school so I was sure that I could do it. Things didn’t go quite to plan.

I ended up being a lot busier that I had planned which meant that I didn’t have as much time to read throughout the week. So, I am pretty ashamed to say that I only read five of the books during RYBSAT.




I ended up reading five out of the eighteen books that I had planned, which still isn’t too bad for a week, but I wish I could have done better. I’m not going to go into what the books were about at all for now because I will be having a September Wrap-Up going up tomorrow, so you can look forward to that.


I ended up completing:
The Maze of Bones by Rick Riordan
One False Note by Gordon Korman
The Sword Thief by Peter Lerangis
Beyond the Grave by Jude Watson
The Black Circle by Patrick Carman


Although I did fail my overall goal, I am glad that I decided to participate in RYBSAT because I did get some reading done.

I feel like I’m not as good at longer read-a-thons than I am at shorter ones. For example, I participated in the Dewey’s 24 Hour Read-A-Thon last year, and I got more reading done during that than I did in a whole week this time. I think it’s because I get more distracted during the week, or I have other stuff that I need to do. However, during a shorter read-a-thon, such as a 24 hour one, I am more focused and I pretty much read every single minute of that 24 hours, so I just feel like shorter read-a-thons are better for me.

Don’t get me wrong, I am very glad that I participated in RYBSAT because I enjoyed the community, and I did enjoy the reading that I got done. I’m not sure if I will participate in it again next time, but I might. I guess it just depends on if I’m going to be busy again like I was this week.

Did any of you guys participate in RYBSAT this time around? Let me know! I’d love to know how many books you got done, and which one you enjoyed the most! Since I read five books that were in a series, it’s kind of hard for me to choose my favourite one, but I think I’m going to have to go with book number one, The Maze of Bones, just because it was the book that started and finished the series.


I hope you guys all enjoyed this post, and thank you so much for reading it! I will hopefully have my September Wrap-Up tomorrow, so look forward to that! I’ll talk to you all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment