Sunday 11 October 2015

October 2015 TBR

Hello everybody! So, I know that it’s almost halfway through October, but I just wanted to let you all know what I am planning to read throughout this month. I’m sorry that it’s pretty late, it’s only because I’ve had lots of schoolwork, and I’ve been working so I haven’t had a lot of time to write anything.

The last couple of months I haven’t done very well with my reading, so I want to try to read as much as I possibly can throughout the month of October. So, without further ado, here is my October TBR!

I am currently planning on reading a total of five books this month, which is less than last month, but a lot of the books that I am planning on reading this month are a lot longer than the ones from September. This number may change, along with the actual books that I want to read, just because I may change my mind of what I’m feeling like reading later on in the month.


These are the five books that I am hoping to read throughout the month:


Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by JK Rowling
Adrift by Paul Griffin
Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
Resistance by Kayla Howarth
Baad Dog by Sal Conte

Baad Dog isn’t pictured because it is an e-book which I am planning on reviewing later this month, so you can keep an eye out for that!










I’m now going to go into a little bit about why I actually want to read these books!

The reason that I want to read Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is pretty simple and obvious. Harry Potter is absolutely amazing, and I just love reading it. I started re-reading the series a while ago, and sort of just stopped because I was reading other books as well, however this month I am definitely going to be getting a move on with the series, and finishing the fourth book. I’m already about one hundred pages into it, but there’s still a while to go before I finish it!
I’d also just like to mention since I’m already talking about Harry Potter, that I am so excited to purchase the illustrated edition of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s/Sorcerer’s Stone! It looks absolutely beautiful and I seriously cannot wait to see what Jim Kay’s interpretation of the story was. I get paid in just under two weeks, so this book is definitely going to be the first thing that I buy with my money!



The second book that I am hoping to read this month is Adrift by Paul Griffin. I won this book from a Goodreads giveaway a few weeks ago and I still have not read it. It does seem pretty interesting sounding. Basically what it’s about is that there is a group of friends, who get lost out at sea. The small blurb on the front of the book is; “Five of us went out on the water that night. None of us came back whole, and not all of us came back”. This just intrigues me so much and I am definitely looking forward to jumping into this book!

There are multiple reasons of why I want to read Clockwork Angel this month. One of the biggest reasons though, is that I absolutely loved The Mortal Instruments, and I just want to read more of the story. I received this book from a friend for my birthday nearly six months ago, and I just haven’t gotten to it yet. I’m so upset that I haven’t had time to read this book yet, as I have been looking forward to reading it for so long. Clockwork Angel is the first book in a prequel trilogy to The Mortal Instruments series, and I have heard so many good things about this trilogy, and I know a lot of BookTubers who really enjoy this trilogy as well. So, I will definitely be trying to get to this book this month!

The next book on my TBR list is Resistance by Kayla Howarth, which is the second book in The Institute Series. One of my friend’s, mom’s, friends (if that made any sense) wrote this series, and so I really want to get to it. I read the first book in this series, The Institute, a few months back, and I really enjoyed it. I’m already just under one hundred pages into Resistance, and I am enjoying it immensely so far. The Institute Series is a dystopian series about a world where there are people called Defectives. The Defectives have different powers, and they are seen as a threat to the world, so they are all locked away. Allira, the main character, has a brother who is a Defective, so her family is forced to become invisible. I am a really big fan of dystopian novels, so I was pretty sure that I was going to enjoy this series going into it, and I was completely correct. I loved the first book, so I am almost certain that I will enjoy this second book just as much.


The final book that I have on my TBR for the month of October, is Baad Dog by Sal Conte. I have absolutely no idea what this book is about. All that I really know is that it’s a short novella, and it’s about love for a dog. That’s pretty much all that I know about it, but from what I’ve heard it sounds like it could be interesting. I received an e-book copy of this book for review, so I am looking forward to reading it. My review for this book will be going up on the 21st of this month, so definitely look forward to that!








So, that is it for my October TBR! I am really looking forward to reading all of these books, and I will definitely be letting you know what I thought of them either through my October Wrap-Up at the end of the month, or through separate reviews!

Let me know if you have read any of these books and what you thought of them and what you’re planning on reading throughout this month down in the comments!

Thank you all for reading, and I will talk to you next time!




No comments:

Post a Comment