Friday 18 September 2015

Review: City of Lost Souls, By: Cassandra Clare

I'm not even sure where to begin with this book...

I really did thoroughly enjoy reading City of Lost Souls. I absolutely loved the plot in this book. City of Lost Souls is the fifth book within the Mortal Instruments series. I did hear from a lot of people, including someone very close to me, saying that City of Lost Souls was probably the worst book out of the series, and that you just need to read it to be able to move onto the next book. However, I really didn't feel this way about it. I really felt like the story line was really interesting, and captivated you. 

Sure there were some parts in the book where you felt like it was dragging on a bit, or where it was really slow. However, I feel like there are always parts like this in most, if not all books. Most of the time though, I felt like I couldn't put down the book, and I had to keep reading it to figure out what was going to happen next. It was a little bit of a longer book, coming in at just over 500 pages. Though, with a book like City of Lost Souls, you can get lost in the book so easily that you'll sit down wanting to read a chapter, and end up reading 100 pages instead!

The romance levels in this book were up on a high, and there really was some pressure put onto main character, Clary Fray's shoulders. Without giving too much away, something really devastating happens with other main character, Jace Wayland, and Clary has to figure out a way to stop it, and bring Jace back to a sense of normality. There was a lot of action going on in this book, and so many plot twists that drew you into the story, and made you continue reading it. 

I would really, sincerely recommend this book to people that like action, fantasy, romance, with some suspense thrown in as well. I would obviously recommend that you read the first four books in this series; City of Bones, City of Ashes, City of Glass, and City of Fallen Angels, before starting to read City of Lost Souls.



Judith Rumelt, most commonly known as Cassandra Clare, is the author of City of Lost Souls, along with the rest of The Mortal Instruments series. Some of her other more popular books include; The Infernal Devices, and The Dark Artifices series. She has also contributed to writing some other smaller books. Only one of her books; City of Bones, has been made into a movie, and nobody is quite sure if the rest of the series will be following in the film industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment