Saturday 19 September 2015

My First Read-A-Thon!


Hello there everyone! It’s Teagan here again, and I am here to announce something very exciting! It is actually something that is happening tomorrow, Saturday, the 25th (AST date). I’m sorry for such the late notice but I actually only figured out that it was happening yesterday! The thing that I am talking about is ‘Dewey’s 24 Hour Read-A-Thon’.

If you don’t know what a read-a-thon is, it is basically a set of time where you just read. In this case it is 24 hours, but there can also be two hour ones, or twelve hour ones, or even month long ones, where you try to set some time aside to just read.
For this particular read-a-thon, there are some cool things going on. There will be reading sprints, some cool reading games, and you can also sign up to receive a ‘cheerleader’ who will try to cheer you on and get you to continue reading.

This is actually the first time that I will ever be participating in any sort of read-a-thon, so I am very excited! Throughout the read-a-thon, I will be periodically posting on my Twitter page, saying where I’m at with my reading. This could include what book I am currently on, where I’m at in the book, what books I’ve finished and more. If you would like to follow along with my Twitter posts to see where I am at with my reading, you can find my Twitter page here: https://twitter.com/Bookwormia_Blog

When the read-a-thon is over, I will also be making a blog post saying what books I was able to read and finish, and also how I felt about my reading and about my first read-a-thon! This actually brings me on to my next point, and that is my TBR (To Be Read) list for this read-a-thon. I am not sure if I will be able to get a lot of books read during this read-a-thon, and that is because I’ve got some homework that I need to get done this weekend as well, which will make it so that I cannot read as much as I would like to.

Either way, these are the books that I would like to complete during this read-a-thon:


Allegiant by Veronica Roth.
This will be a re-read for me. I absolutely love the series, and I have actually been re-reading the last series, and I am currently about half way through the last book in the trilogy; Allegiant.




Four by Veronica Roth.
This is actually the add-on book to the Divergent trilogy, and I have not read this book yet. I only received it a few weeks ago, and so I was hoping to complete the other three books before jumping into reading Four. It is a book made up of three or four short stories told from the perspective of the character Four, so I am really looking forward to reading this one.


This is actually all I have currently in the line-up to read during this read-a-thon. I will probably add in a few little short middle-grade, children books just so that I am able to get through some other books during this period of time.

If any of you would like to join me in Dewey’s 24 hour Read-A-Thon, here is the link to find out some more about it: http://24hourreadathon.com/read-a-thon-faq/#aftersignup

There are also different times that this read-a-thon will be starting depending on where you live in the world. Mine is actually starting at ten o’clock tomorrow night, Saturday the 25th, and will be carrying on until Sunday the 26th, at ten o'clock. Yours will most likely be starting at a different time, so here is the list of times that the read-a-thon will start: http://24hourreadathon.com/start-times/

Again, I will also be on my Twitter periodically updating where I am with my reading, and so I hope you all will join me there as well!

I am really looking forward to participating in this read-a-thon, and I hope to see you all there participating with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment