Saturday 19 September 2015

June 2015 Wrap-Up


Hello there everybody! So, I'm just going to keep this post short, as I have actually already talked about pretty much everything that is going to be spoken about in this post, in the last two previous posts on this blog.

I was only able to read one book in the month of June, as I was in a pretty serious and horrible reading slump. I feel kind of ashamed of and for myself for only reading one book this month, but at least I did read some. You can find more information about my reading slump, and my top three tips on how to get over them here.

The book that I was able to complete was Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. 

I actually did a full review of this book which you can find here. So, I will keep my thoughts about it short.

Red Queen is about a girl named Mare who lives in a world divided into two groups of people: the rich people with powers who have silver blood, and the poor people with red blood. Mare is a Red, but she finds out something pretty special about herself. Mare has a power. The book pretty much goes through Mare's challenges of keeping her power under wraps, and becoming the person that the Queen wants her to be.

I really did enjoy this book, and I am glad that I was able to read it. I thought that the writing style was good, and that it flowed nicely, However, there was a very big cast of characters, and it was sometimes hard to remember who was who.

The book was pretty interesting and intense. I did end up giving this book three and a half stars out of five. As, even though I enjoyed it a lot, it wasn't what I was expecting going into it, and like I said earlier, some of it was hard to follow.

So, that was the book that I read this month. I am really hoping to read a lot more in the month of July, as for the next week and a half or so I'm on break from school, so I'm planning on spending a lot of that time catching up on some books I've been planning on reading!

I'll be posting my July TBR hopefully tomorrow, so you can look forward to that, and I will talk to you all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment