Saturday 19 September 2015

End of Read-A-Thon Evaluation!


With only half an hour left in the Dewey's 24 Hour Read-A-Thon, I have decided to reflect back on my experience with some questions that were provided by one of the co-hosts of the read-a-thon!


1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
I would say that around hour seven, it started getting pretty difficult for me. Since I live in Australia, the read-a-thon started for me at 10pm. This meant that I was already starting pretty late at night. By hour seven, it was 5am, and I couldn't keep me eyes open anymore, so this is when I went to sleep.

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
From my personal experience with this read-a-thon I would say don't pick any chunky books. I made a mistake when choosing my books, and decided to go with a five hundred page book for the first one on my TBR. Although I really enjoyed the book, I would not recommend doing this. Choose some shorter books, and then also go with some books with short stories or poems in them. When reading shorter books, it helps you to feel more accomplished when you finish them.

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Personally I don't think I have anything that I would want to change from this Read-a-thon. I really enjoyed participating in it, and I'm looking forward to it next year!

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
I loved having the Cheerleaders out there to cheer us on. By having somebody comment on your tweets or on your instagrams saying that you're doing well, or to keep going, it just keeps you really motivated.

5. How many books did you read?
I managed to complete three and a half books.

6. What were the names of the books you read?
Allegiant, by Veronica Roth
The Tales of Beedle the Bard, by JK Rowling
Head Games, by Casey Lever
Half of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, by JK Rowling

7. Which book did you enjoy most?
Definitely Allegiant! I love the whole Divergent trilogy, and even though it was a re-read for me, it was so enjoyable and I loved it!

8. Which did you enjoy least?
Probably Head Games. It was still enjoyable, I just found some of the storyline to be repetitive, and it was a bit confusing and times.

9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
I wasn't a Cheerleader this year, however I would advice the Cheerleaders for next year to definitely cheer on everyone! The Cheerleaders from this year did a great job at this, and I would love to see the same enthusiasm carried into next year's Read-a-thon!

10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
It is very likely that I will participate in this Read-a-thon again! I loved it so much, and I'm already looking forward to it happening again. I will definitely take the role of the Reader again, and I might also sign up to be a Cheerleader, as that seemed like a lot of fun as well!


As you can see, I thoroughly enjoyed this experience, and I cannot wait for Dewey's 24 Hour Read-A-Thon to occur again in six months time! I really hope that you enjoyed this little wrap-up for the read-a-thon, and I will be posting another blog post soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment